Christmas at Holy Cross
Holy Cross offers a number of services to celebrate the nativity of the Lord. Please join us any time.
- December 24, 4:00 p.m.
Christmas Eve Eucharist, Christmas carols, and come-as-you-are pageant
All children in attendance are invited to pick up costumes and props at the door and participate in the nativity story during the service. Grandchildren, nieces, nephews, neighbors and friends are all welcome to join in! Champagne and cider reception will follow.
- December 24, 10:30 p.m.
Choral Music with Harp
- December 24, 11:00 p.m.
Christmas Eve Eucharist
Midnight champagne and cider celebration will follow.
- December 25, 10:00 a.m.
Christmas Holy Eucharist
Join us for worship, including Holy Eucharist, any Sunday. Holy Cross offers three Sunday morning services.
- 8:00 a.m. A quiet, simple, traditional service of Holy Eucharist
- 9:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist with hymns, organ, periodic children's choir and instrumentalists. Sunday School for children is offered during this service, with the children joining their families for communion.
- 11:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist with hymns, organ, adult choir, and periodic instrumentalists.
Wednesday Noon Eucharist
Holy Cross offers a brief service of Holy Eucharist every Wednesday at 12 noon. About twenty minutes in length, this worship service is intended for the midweek lunch break, as a way to stay grounded amidst the busyness of life. As with all services at Holy Cross, this service is public and intended for all residents, workers, and passersby in our surrounding Dunn Loring, Tyson’s Corner, Merrifield, Vienna, and Falls Church community.
Music at Holy Cross
One way that we learn how music is connected with our spiritual journey is through participation in one of our choirs. The children, youth, instrumentalists, soloists and adults practice the notes, harmonies, rhythms and logistics of performing music. But most importantly, we experience fellowship and cooperation as we explore how the text and the nuances of making music together can be a means to the inner faith journey. Consider joining choir this year to lift your heart and mind to God’s glory through the gift of music. Contact Donna Whited, Director of Music Ministries to learn more.
Below is the schedule of choirs:
- Adult Choir: Sings weekly at 11:00 a.m. worship on Sundays. Rehearsals are Thursdays from 7:30-9 p.m. with a men's sectional rehearsal/reading session from 7:00-7:30. The choir also meets Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary.
- Children’s Choir (Age 3-Grade 5) Rehearsals are also on Sunday, at 10:00 a.m. in the Sunday School room. Children’s Choir sings at the 9 a.m. worship service on occasions throughout the year.The children rehearse in two groups, 3-5 and 6-11 on alternating Sundays with a combined rehearsal the week before they sing.
- Guitar Group: Open to instrumentalists of all ages. Plays on the second and fourth Sundays of the month at the 9 a.m. service. Contact Mike Nicholson at for more information.
- Instrumentalists: Musicians of all ages are invited to offer their musical gifts. Please contact Donna Whited to determine an appropriate time and selection.
One of our great joys at Holy Cross is to celebrate and bless a marriage. We take the responsibility very seriously, as our traditions demand.
Please contact the parish office for a copy of The Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage at Holy Cross, and to schedule a meeting with the Rector.
Holy Cross conducts a Eucharist service and provides companionship for residents of Iliff Nursing Home on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. Please meet us there. Contact Ron Parnell with questions.
If you are interested in being baptized or in having your child baptized at a future service, please contact the office.